Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 2, Small Pause, "Birds"


Upwards, 20x16in. Oil on canvas by Debbie Lamey-MacDonald

Today's  "Small Pause"...

While on my way to work this morning, I found my mind filling up with the busyness of my day that had not begun yet. I knew it was going to be a demanding day and already my mind was reacting to this knowledge. Suddenly out of no where a large flock of birds flew upwards soaring in front and above my car. 

Nature once again brought me to a present moment. It slowed down my mind and created a feeling of freedom and awe. I love watching birds in flight. They always create a sense of wonder and a feeling of freedom. I think it must be really awesome to be free, soaring above in a wide open space. This small moment stayed with me for the day and gave me a mental escape when my day whirled on around me.  





What was your "Small Pause" today? I would love to hear it! Please feel free to leave your experience in a comment below.

Warmly,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments