Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 15, Small Pause, "Light Dance"


Welcoming Spring, 4x4in. Oil on linen/panel.

Today's Small Pause...

I love late afternoon light as it enters my kitchen. It transforms objects into statements of beauty as it strikes their many shapes. Today the light transformed fresh tulips into a spectacular vision as it danced between crevices and folds of petals. It illuminated sections of petals until they appeared translucent. Interesting shadow patterns added to the drama as they contrasted with brightly lit areas. 




I have always found the striking of light fascinating. Today tulip greens became a brilliant lime green, while light pink petals shimmered and glowed. My eyes roamed up and down long stems and over petals as I observed the affects of  the late afternoon light. It was a moment to relish as it would be short lived. Soon the sun would shift and the light dance before my eyes would fade.  Being open to these brief moments adds depth to one's day allowing joy to step in.

Warmly,
Debbie

I would love to hear your thoughts or small pause today! Please feel free to share in the comment section below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments