Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 24, Small Pause, "Feels Like Home"

Return to the Park, 16x20in. Oil on canvas, Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.
Available




























“I think what you notice most when you haven’t been home in a while is how much the trees have grown around your memories.” 



Today's Small Pause...

It was a joy to finally return to the park to paint on location again. I felt like I had arrived home once more. The sights, smells and memories of being totally immersed in the vitality of the park embraced me. There was a familiarity, like the presence of home, that made me feel joyful and relaxed. 

Painting En Plein Air in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.

I believe everyone needs a space where they feel "at home". A place where they can just be at one with themselves. A quiet refuge where the noise stops and truths can be heard. This is where we catch our breath. It is where the noise of the world subsides and rejuvenation takes place.

Warmly,
Debbie



P.S. I would love to hear where you find the feeling of "Home". Feel free to share your small pause or thoughts in the comment section below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments